Welcome to my blog. My passion is living active, living healthy, living happy.

Exercise alone will NOT get you the body that you want.
My mission:
To be the best Lean Body Coach. Using Nutrition Coaching and Behavior Change Programs I will transform the lives of my clients and build a more rewarding life for them.

If you have a question about nutrition, diet, fitness, motivation, or anything else, leave a comment or leave it on my facebook page.


Now offering FREE consultations. Call to book yours, no pressure to sign up, simply let me show you how I can help you achieve your health and fitness goals. FREE!!!


Saturday, October 22, 2011

Eat how your Granparents Ate to Lose Weight

Think back to how your grandparents ate. I can remember going to my Memere and Pepere's farm and you would walk into an aroma of fresh bread in the oven, fresh produce being washed in the sink and most likely a pot of soup on made with only things she had in her garden. Pepere was out with the cows or the chickens and us kids were playing outside. Life was good.



Fast forward to present day. We buy anything we want from prepackaged soups and bread and ohhh you are craving what?? Well, no problem, I'll just go to this fast food joint and get that. Meanwhile we have become overweight, obese and loaded with toxins, chemicals and disease and we wonder why??


Back then, food was less processed and packaged and it was chemical free. We should use these criteria for our own food choices. Our grandparents and great-grandparents had only real, whole, nutritious food. They had no processed or plastic alternatives. No gimmicks, no imposters-just the real deal. They also had tighter budgets, and a tighter budget meant less food, smaller portions and no overeating. This is what your food intake should be-real, whole food and not too much of it.

Get in touch with your roots and eat them too! Listen to your grandparents, they have wise advice and all the best answers.

Until next time,

Live Active........Live Healthy..........Live Happy

Follow Me on Pinterest