Welcome to my blog. My passion is living active, living healthy, living happy.

Exercise alone will NOT get you the body that you want.
My mission:
To be the best Lean Body Coach. Using Nutrition Coaching and Behavior Change Programs I will transform the lives of my clients and build a more rewarding life for them.

If you have a question about nutrition, diet, fitness, motivation, or anything else, leave a comment or leave it on my facebook page.


Now offering FREE consultations. Call to book yours, no pressure to sign up, simply let me show you how I can help you achieve your health and fitness goals. FREE!!!


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Substitute these and Lose the Fat

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am all about the substitutes. I am always looking for ways to make a recipe healthier without sacrificing the taste.

Well this weeks Fun Challenge is yet again inspired by Dr.Oz, whom I have become very fond of him and his show. He is very genuine and I love how he makes every person he comes into contact with make them feel like they are the only person in the room. That is what everyone's doctor should do, listen to you and what your concerns are and I just love how he listens with a sympathetic ear.

So, in case you missed it: (haha, a doctor Oz quote)

Dr.Oz Video on Cheating in the Kitchen

I love healthy substitutes. Although I don't really advocate the silken tofu that Dr.Oz suggests, however those other substitutes are great ideas!!
I am definitely going to try the avocado and yogurt and the mashed banana.

Here are some other subs that I use all the time:

    If you use            Replace with

1.        Mayo                  Greek Yogurt-Plain ONLY

2.       Butter                       Apple Sauce

3.       Sugar                       Agave or Stevia

4.       Sugar                   Coconut Palm Sugar Dr.Oz on best new Sugar alternative that is Natural

5.  Oil (when baking)   Apple Sauce-in all my recipes for cookies, muffins, etc...whenever it asks for butter or oil I sub in apple sauce. But now I might do half apple sauce, half mashed banana or I might try the pureed pumpkin.....genius idea!!

6.      Sour Cream             Greek Yogurt


Each day that you substitute a unhealthy ingredient for a healthy one, it can add up to big weight loss results and even reduce your chance for heart disease or diabetes or high cholesterol and the list goes on. And this doesn't count out you thin people out there.......if you are thin but eat these bad foods way too ofter, your heart or your veins could be beginning to clot. It all starts with eating healthy and subbing out the bad and in with the good. You can turn your unhealthy body into a healthy one, at any age.

Tell me what are you going to substitute your unhealthy eats with this week? Are you up for this challenge?
Let's do it together, share with everyone what you are subbing?



Until next time,

Live Active........Live Healthy..........Live Happy
Follow Me on Pinterest