Welcome to my blog. My passion is living active, living healthy, living happy.

Exercise alone will NOT get you the body that you want.
My mission:
To be the best Lean Body Coach. Using Nutrition Coaching and Behavior Change Programs I will transform the lives of my clients and build a more rewarding life for them.

If you have a question about nutrition, diet, fitness, motivation, or anything else, leave a comment or leave it on my facebook page.


Now offering FREE consultations. Call to book yours, no pressure to sign up, simply let me show you how I can help you achieve your health and fitness goals. FREE!!!


Monday, March 26, 2012

We are a PILL POPPING nation

Do you take a pill when you have pain?
Do you take high blood pressure pills?
How about acid reflux?

Chances are 1 of every 2 people reading this take at least 1 prescription pill every month. Doesn't sound like much does it? But this adds up to 300 Billion Dollars spent by the US last year alone!

We have become so reliant on prescription medications. We pop pills to treat everything from high cholesterol, to anxiety, to back pain. But what I believe and I think more doctors, such as Dr.OZ, are realizing that those pills are actually masking your symptoms rather than treating your problem.

Now I realize that some very severe conditions may need prescription medication and this post is remember just my opinion. But I believe that there is always a more natural, alternative medicine. Why put on band-aid solution to your [ailment]? Why not try to find the real cause and treat it. Prescription medications do just that, cover up your symptoms so that you don't feel them, but they don't go away do they? They always come back cause you didn't fix the problem.

After watching Dr.OZ last week,  his episode on alternative medicine was my inspiration for this weeks Challenge. This is why I love Dr.Oz, he I believe is starting a movement towards healthy living and away from the traditional medicine approach.

On this episode he reveals natural alternatives to the top 4 most prescribed forms of prescription medication. Watch what I watched by clicking here:
Dr.Oz part 1
and you have to check out part 2 as well, Dr.Oz. Bruce Wilde a Alternative Medicine expert nails it on the head. He explains why there isn't a huge investment or why there isn't a lot of money in the world of alternative medicine. It's all about money and drug companies are money hungry. They don't care what they sell you or sell to your doctor who tells you to take this medicine cause he gets paid more money to promote it. It simply boils down to money, 300 Billion dollars in fact, for the US alone, last year alone!

If you are taking prescription medicine, I am not advising you to stop immediately. However maybe just give some of these natural alternatives a try. I know I am going to try to find that California Poppy. I do get headaches, sometimes really bad ones and if this California Poppy could help rather than taking the usual Advil or other pain killers that are really just band-aiding my symptoms and that are damaging my liver, I will take it.

Please feel free to leave a comment or share this.

Until next time,

Live Active........Live Healthy..........Live Happy







Follow Me on Pinterest